Songs of Praise on Sunday 21st September celebrates initiatives taken by churches to invite new people in. Music from across the UK includes Welsh Revival hymn Here Is Love, Vast As The Ocean, Tim Hughes’ Oh Happy Day, and Stuart Townend & Keith Getty’s In Christ Alone. Plus, Matt Redman performs 10,000 Reasons, Martin Smith sings I Could Sing Of Your Love, and Pete James has a first BBC broadcast of What A Friend We Have In Jesus. The speech content features:
- Nicky Gumbel, leader of the popular and nationally recognised Alpha Course, reflects on Alpha’s success with Diane Louise Jordan.
- One lady’s story of joining the newest Methodist Church in the country – New Song Church in Warrington
- The New Wine summer festival inspiring a fresh expression of church in Halifax, West Yorkshire
- St Peter’s Church in Brighton, turned around from near-closure to now thriving church in four years.
- A retired magician – entertaining kids at a breakfast club – who found vibrant Christian faith thanks to a party invitation from a neighbour in Littlehampton W Sussex.
Sunday 21st September, 4.25pm, BBC One.